Orchestral Parts Project

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

kcleung
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Orchestral Parts Project

Post by kcleung »

Carolus wrote:Are you referring to the Clarinet parts for Beethoven Symphony No.1 on the wiki? Those were uploaded last summer by Romanov76110. I don't see any logos there. The one you sent is smaller and also clean of logos. There were some metatags in Ras1's file I noticed. I'll go ahead and replace with the one you sent. I don't see any reason to worry about the tiff2pdf generated creator tags as they are not present in the original unwashed files (though lots of other stuff is!). Do you? Perhaps we should examine the files uploaded last years by Ras1, Romanov76110 and Generoso for metatags and logos. They would be simple enough to replace, yet those uploaders should retain credit for their uploads.

No, for all files I refer to, I refer to the files being put into the failed folder in ftp://imslp.org, *not* from the ones in the wiki

Also please find my fixed horn part under .... /failed.../corrected/
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

I'm joining this project with my contribution of all 10 volumes of the oboe/english horn parts.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

I think all 10 volumes have been processed by kcleung and team - including the Oboe parts. Vols. 1-3 have been inspected and are now uploaded to the FTP server. You can use the pURL feature to upload directly to the wiki from the FTP area. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it takes a little getting used to - especially to upload the stack of files in score order - but is quite workable once you get the hang of it. I think there are now more than 170 works located in the "accepted" folder. Horndude has been uploading some Mendelssohn and Schubert. There are complete parts there for the symphonies of Mahler and Bruckner, among much else.
ras1
active poster

Post by ras1 »

I'm really glad this project had taken off as it has; many thanks to KCleung for being persistent. I'm planning on emailing some amateur orchestra conductor friends to let them know about this new amazing resource!
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Applicants for this project are mostly superfluous now, effectively applications are closed from now.
Broeckie
regular poster

Post by Broeckie »

Is this project still going to be finished at the end of this month? Our orchestra is looking for the parts of the Peer Gynt Suite 1
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

Wake up logo removers, etc.! We need new files on the ftp server! (I know there are plenty, but several of the things that would actually be good to upload are missing)
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"
kcleung
Copyright Reviewer

Post by kcleung »

perlnerd666 wrote:Wake up logo removers, etc.! We need new files on the ftp server! (I know there are plenty, but several of the things that would actually be good to upload are missing)
Logo removal for vol 1-10 is already completed and Carolus has a copy of the cleaned stuff.

Copyright is straight forward (except vol 8-9) as they are all clearly PD EU and Canada.

We are now uploading the works to the IMSLP proper. Given that you are a copyright reviewer and you reside in USA (do you have easy access to IMSLP?), You can ask Carolus (who also reside in USA) offline to give you a copy of the processed DVDs (2 DVDs) and you can upload the stuff as well.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

No, I meant that they need to be uploaded to the FTP. We live in different states, and I don't give out my adress.
kcleung
Copyright Reviewer

Post by kcleung »

perlnerd666 wrote:No, I meant that they need to be uploaded to the FTP. We live in different states, and I don't give out my adress.
Hi Carolus,

So what is our progress of loading cleaned works to IMSLP proper? Which works are already loaded and which are not?

Also could you please upload the rest of the volumes I mailed to you to the FTP server?

Thanks!

kcleung
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

We have more than 130 works already available for download. There are approximately another 100 available at the FTP area to be added. I expect that the entire OM library (except those items - like Stravinsky - which are free in the USA only) will be available by the end of the year.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

Update: about 200 works have complete parts by OM on IMSLP by now. Some highlights:
Symphonies: Beethoven, Brahms, Berlioz, Schubert, Schumann, Mahler, Mendelssohn, Dvorak, Franck, and Bruckner - all complete!
Concerti: Beethoven, Brahms, Elgar, Schumann, Bach (Brandenburg), etc.
and of course, 400 works are still to go...
Great work everyone!
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Elgar (as you know) is now uploaded. More to follow..... BTW, the 2nd Violin to Falstaff has a bad page 1 - the bottom 1/2 of the page is black. It is the same way on the other files of Violin parts which were uploaded previously, so I expect it's an OMCDRL issue.
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

UPDATE: Halfway+ done. The rest of the parts includes many smaller folders (Haydn, Mozart, etc.), so expect faster progress (and no more Gurrelieders :D )
vinteuil
Groundskeeper

Post by vinteuil »

Actually, don't we need to add Volumes 11 and 12? Wagner operas seem like a good idea (even if they aren't for listening :D)