Werner Icking is homeless?

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Wol
notabot: 42
notabot2: Bot

Werner Icking is homeless?

Post by Wol »

Yesterday I visited the Werner Icking Music Archive site for the first time in several weeks to learn that the site is no longer hosted by the University of Aarhuis. I'm sure everyone who uses the IMSLP has seen the WIMA as a friendly big sister for a long time and I hope the resources represented by WIMA will not be allowed to go quietly into the night of link rot.

Is the IMSLP able to offer any help in finding a new home for the hundreds of scores previously held by the WIMA?

I hope somebody will contact Christiaan Mondrup (reccmo@daimi.au.dk) to ensure that a resolution can be achieved.
Thank you for the music!-
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot2: Human

Re: Werner Icking is homeless?

Post by Choralia »

We (CPDL management) contacted Christian offering help. He is currently evaluating various alternatives, so I think I can reassure that WIMA will not disappear. Maybe the archives will be up and running on new servers next week or so.

Max
Wol
notabot2: Bot

Post by Wol »

Thanks for your reassurance Max. Several of my friends (we are all skint musicians to some degree) have expressed concern that a resource like WIMA, which really is a treasury of scores for some things which are not available in print, should not be allowed to disappear.

Myscha
Thank you for the music!-
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot2: Human

Post by Choralia »

The new WIMA server is up and running, it will become visible as soon as the IP address of the new server propagates through the DNSs worldwide, reaching your specific DNS. Nominally, it may take up to 48 hours, however it is usually shorter than that.

Max