Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Notenschreiber
active poster

Re: 100,000

Post by Notenschreiber »

We reached #500000 now, half a million! The score with this number is Oboe 1 of a Harmoniemusik for Franz Xaver Sterkels Ouverture No.2 in C major. Sterkel is a german composer, nearly as famous as Mozart, Haydn or Beethoven in his times. For Sterkel , see http://www.sterkel-gesellschaft.org/de/
Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Sallen112 »

I don't think this is really that much of a milestone as the file number is just an indicator for how many files total since the beginning (keep in mind their have been thousands already that have been deleted too) have been uploaded since the beginning of the sites existence as a counter. I think the real counter is on the main page. Also the one on the main page isn't really much of a milestone either as you have parts uploaded as counted as score files too.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

If you will have a look at the beginning of this thread, you will see, that i formerly had attention to just these "milestones" you are talking about. But the file, which has been the 100000th for example, will loose this property because of the deletions. The file numbers #...... stay connected with the files.