Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

pjones235
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: IMSLP to merge with WIMA

Post by pjones235 »

Question: how do you tag an IMSLP PRA copyright status when transferring files?
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Davydov wrote: It's the absence of a date of death for the composer that's causing the message. According to the Library of Congress he died in 1649, so if you edit the composer category page and fill in the four digits after "|Death Year=", the message should disappear.
Thank you for the information! The message has gone :-)
Davydov wrote: I notice on this page you have a group of files for the whole collection, but are also starting to put single files on as well. Are these duplicates?
That are files of the single pieces of the compilation. It is a collection of independent compositions...

Ulrich
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

pjones235 wrote:Question: how do you tag an IMSLP PRA copyright status when transferring files?
Answer: on the file upload forms, it’s the bottom option on the pull-down menu for the Copyright status, after all of the Creative Commons licences.

P.
--
PML (talk)
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

pml wrote:
pjones235 wrote:Question: how do you tag an IMSLP PRA copyright status when transferring files?
Answer: on the file upload forms, it’s the bottom option on the pull-down menu for the Copyright status, after all of the Creative Commons licences.

P.
As in "pr-by-nc-nd 1.0"?
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Yep. Not exactly clear is it? It probably should have “IMSLP” in it somewhere to differentiate it from the previous CC licences.

Cheers, PML
--
PML (talk)
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

There seems to be a problem with the WIMA Upload function. With every attempt I get an error message saying that the file were damaged or had the wrong filename extension. But the file is okay, I can view it, the filename is okay too, and download to my computer and direct upload to IMSLP works without problems. Can anybody please look after it? Or tell me if the problem is on my side...?

Thank you -
Ulrich
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

lurchi wrote:There seems to be a problem with the WIMA Upload function
Here it works perfecty like this: open two windows with your browser. On window 1 open imslp.org. On window 2 go into WIMA, find the pdf you want to transfer, put the cursor on it, right-click the mouse. You should see serveral options. One is "copy link"
or similar (depends on the browser). Left-click on that one.

Goto window 1, Composer. I assume you've already created the page of the piece. Go to this piece. Click on Upload from external sources: WIMA. Put the cursor on the empty field of File#1 after "wima://". Type <ctrl> v.

You should see something like wima://http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/ ... vers3l.pdf in this field.

Then fill the other fields and submit.
lurchi

Post by lurchi »

Hi,
coulonnus wrote:
Here it works perfecty like this: open two windows with your browser. On window 1 open imslp.org. On window 2 go into WIMA, find the pdf you want to transfer, put the cursor on it, right-click the mouse. You should see serveral options. One is "copy link"
or similar (depends on the browser). Left-click on that one.

Goto window 1, Composer. I assume you've already created the page of the piece. Go to this piece. Click on Upload from external sources: WIMA. Put the cursor on the empty field of File#1 after "wima://". Type <ctrl> v.

You should see something like wima://http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/ ... vers3l.pdf in this field.

Then fill the other fields and submit.
That is exactly what I did, and it worked perfectly until this morning. Now Firefox refuses, always with the same message of a broken file or a wrong extension, even after being restarted. But now I tried the same procedure with Opera, et voilà, it's working again :-)

Funny...
steltz
active poster

Post by steltz »

I had problems downloading files this morning for a little while, then it was working again. So I doubt it was just uploading, must have been something slightly more general . . .
bsteltz
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I just got this very problem! In the WIMA site, when I click on the pdf http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/ ... rri12s.pdf I want to transfer I obtain: (everything was OK 1 hour ago!)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@icking-music-archive.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at icking-music-archive.org Port 80
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

coulonnus wrote:I just got this very problem! In the WIMA site, when I click on the pdf http://icking-music-archive.org/scores/ ... rri12s.pdf I want to transfer I obtain: (everything was OK 1 hour ago!)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@icking-music-archive.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at icking-music-archive.org Port 80
I had introduced an error in the .htaccess file in WIMA's root score directory. Please try again
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I just spent a few minutes in the bathroom, and now it works fine!
pstevenin

Post by pstevenin »

I am ready to do what I can to transfer my scores from WIMA to IMSLP.

Philippe
Hapebe

Post by Hapebe »

Hallo, I will help to transfer all my contributions for WIMA to IMSLP.

Hans-Peter Beer
pml
Copyright Reviewer

Post by pml »

Welcome Hans-Peter,

From memory, P.A. Jones has already made a head-start on uploading some of your pieces.

Regards, Philip
--
PML (talk)