Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: IMSLP to merge with WIMA

Post by KGill »

Just a quick update on the progress with the technical features required to start the uploading phase of the project:
-On every work page, there is now a link to a special page that will easily enable project members to transfer PDF files from the WIMA servers. There will be one for audio files in the future, but this isn't necessary at the moment since we're not uploading their audio files until a little later on.
-There will be a separate website created to host WIMA source files (linked to from IMSLP). There may be a new feature added enabling them to be automatically transferred to the new website, the same way PDF files can be transferred to IMSLP right now. Ideally this will be able to be accomplished in the same step.
johandewael

Post by johandewael »

I volunteer to help transferring files.
I would like to start with my own compositions and after that continue for example with works by Pachelbel.

Johan De Wael
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I think it would be constructive to start a Wima Transferring Queue similar to the existing User Scanning Queue with the same purposes.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

johandewael wrote:I volunteer to help transferring files.
I would like to start with my own compositions and after that continue for example with works by Pachelbel.
Excellent. You have now been added to the list of project members. However, please keep in mind that in order to preserve maximum organization of the project, one should systematically upload by contributor rather than by composer.
coulonnus wrote:I think it would be constructive to start a Wima Transferring Queue similar to the existing User Scanning Queue with the same purposes.
I have started this here and linked to it from the 'Uploading' section of the main project page.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

As a number of issues have now been worked out and some preliminary uploads from WIMA have gone smoothly, it has been decided that the project will now officially open! Everyone may now upload freely, making sure of course to carefully observe the guidelines :wink:
Philidor
Groundskeeper

Post by Philidor »

IMSLP Journal article: IMSLP & WIMA to Merge

Nalumino Mundia

Post by Nalumino Mundia »

Hello KGill,
Saw the post in twitter.

I would like to help with this process.
Please let me know how i can help.

please contact me on nalumino.mundia@gmail.com or minonet76@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Mino
jeff_harrington
regular poster

Post by jeff_harrington »

I'm willing to help move my scores, but there are only a few that are not already here, 6 piano preludes to be exact and I was hoping to re-typeset them in the near future. I'm not sure there's anything I really need to do, but if so, I'm willing to do it!

Jeff Harrington
http://icking-music-archive.org/ByCompo ... ington.php - WIMA
http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Harringt ... ey_Michael -IMSLP
Keanur

Post by Keanur »

I will try to transfer my own scores (Pierre Gouin - Les Éditions Outremontaises) as soon I can figure out how to do it...
rdtennent
forum adept

Post by rdtennent »

I'll transfer my scores into IMSLP.

Bob T.
DanielHarmer

Post by DanielHarmer »

I am ready to start transferring my contributions from WIMA to IMSLP.
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

Nalumino Mundia wrote:Hello KGill,
Saw the post in twitter.

I would like to help with this process.
Please let me know how i can help.

please contact me on nalumino.mundia@gmail.com or minonet76@gmail.com
I have sent an email to the first address.
jeff_harrington wrote:I'm willing to help move my scores, but there are only a few that are not already here, 6 piano preludes to be exact and I was hoping to re-typeset them in the near future. I'm not sure there's anything I really need to do, but if so, I'm willing to do it!
At this point it doesn't look like there's anything you need to do, unless of course you want to help out with other contributors' files :wink:
Keanur wrote:I will try to transfer my own scores (Pierre Gouin - Les Éditions Outremontaises) as soon I can figure out how to do it...
rdtennent wrote:I'll transfer my scores into IMSLP.
Wonderful - you have both been added to the list of project members.
DanielHarmer wrote:I am ready to start transferring my contributions from WIMA to IMSLP.
Great :)
daneuph

Post by daneuph »

Having joined IMSLP and this forum I will attempt to transfer my WIMA scores by myself. The implicit disclaimer is about my skills with computer code, which are not really existing. Yet I tend to get by, if I see the way the code-jugglers are thinking.

Actually I may take the chance to change a few graphic parameters in my Finale-based .pdf files. I used to have an excellent eyesight, 125% on both eyes which is the optimum in Danish terms. After some years with bad cataract problems surgery formally has restored eyesight to 100+% on both eyes. Yet I prefer more black on the pages now. That is: all lines being slightly thicker-

Is there a time limit for the transfer? It may have been announced, but then it has passed by me.

Klaus Smedegaard Bjerre
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

The Misc notes template of each piece I transfer says: These file(s) were originally part of the WIMA . Does this past tense mean that the piece will automagically disappear from WIMA? Then this would be useful to watch the job that has still to be done ;)
reccmo
active poster

Post by reccmo »

coulonnus wrote:The Misc notes template of each piece I transfer says: These file(s) were originally part of the WIMA . Does this past tense mean that the piece will automagically disappear from WIMA? Then this would be useful to watch the job that has still to be done ;)
I'll not remove any files physically from WIMA until I feel comfortable with the merge. Transfer means copy, not move.

However, I do add redirection statements to the WIMA server for files copied to IMSLP. The effect of that is that clicking on links in WIMA composer pages takes you to IMSLP work pages for the compositions in question. For now I've added such redirection statements for the music by Elaine Fine. Please have a try!