IMSLP to merge with WIMA

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Tpgettys
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: IMSLP to merge with WIMA

Post by Tpgettys »

I am ready to do what I can to transfer my scores to IMSLP.
lund@ltu.se

Post by lund@ltu.se »

I am ready to do what I can to transfer my scores to IMSLP from WIMA.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

You will need to sign up as a user, create a composer page for yourself, read the Creative Commons message which will be added by an admin (often me) and follow the instructions to 'associate' your user name with your new composer (arranger, editor) category. Once this is all done you can start adding items using the new upload tools, which make this very easy. If you're someone who had things on WIMA, a major difference is that we do parts for multi-movement works to be split into separate movements. You will need to merge all of the violins I into a single PDF before uploading. In order to facilitate transfer of files from WIMA - which was largely complete by Summer 2012, we allowed direct transfer of such things as 7 sets of parts for each of the 7 movements of a Bach cantata. That's not a way to have anyone seriously consider using your edition or arrangement, so we've been cleaning up many of the worst cases since then (often with the help of the editors and arrangers who have generally been very cooperative). There is something of a learning curve to adding things to IMSLP, so it is always best to start off very slowly and read the instructions.
Pier Paolo

Post by Pier Paolo »

Goodmorning, I'm ready to do what I can to transfer my scores from Wima to Imlsp
elviejo

Post by elviejo »

Dear Administrator(s?)

As I said while registering, Christian Mondrup helped me at the end of 2010, for publishing some works.

Now I would like to publish some other work again : the concerto in a moll TWV 43:a3 of Teleman. I've been working quite hard to make this concerto and I realize, now, afterwords, that it is already part of the enormous collection of IMSLP!

In fact, I want my scores to look as beautiful as possible and this is the reason of my looong work.

I work with Lilypond and this concerto is now ready to be sent with 3 Lilypond files, 3 PDF and 3 midi files al together in a zip file. Is it worth to be sent ? (I can tell you, it has nothing to do with the one already present. :oops: !

Thank you for your reply.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

Are you signed up as a user? I assume you already have an editor category. All you need to do once logged in is to replace the files that are there.

Replacing files is easy once you know the trick...

# Click on the file number
# Follow the link to "upload a new version of this file"
# Upload the new file - you can name the new one any way you like (keep it the same or change to something new - it makes no difference)
# When you see the little next to the file description, you will know your replacement was successful

It might appear to be the old version if you view without being logged in for a couple of days due to the site's cache being updated, but the new one is what will actually download. That's all there is to it.