Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

pjones235
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: IMSLP to merge with WIMA

Post by pjones235 »

I've a question about uploading. How should I transfer a song if it only comes in a Sibelius flavor, rather than in portable document format?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

The short answer is you can't. We only take PDF scores right now. You can attach a Sibelius file to the PDF score and upload it, but the PDF is the primary document.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

If you do have Sibelius installed and need to generate a PDF (assuming you aren't using v7, which has integrated PDF export), there are many free PDF printer drivers available online such as CutePDF, PDF995, etc.
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

Do you know of any online converters?
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

No, there's probably not going to be any way to convert a .sib to a .pdf unless you actually have the Sibelius application. If you don't own Sibelius, you can probably download the trial version and use that to generate a PDF.
dsimons
regular poster

Post by dsimons »

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to be able to email another contributor? When I click "email me" on his page, it says I need to log in and confirm my email address. I got to my preferences and clicked the "confirm email address" button, and it claimed to be emailing me some sort of confirmation, but after two tries and about 10 minutes nothing has come to my email. ?????
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

It's taken me up to an hour in the past...
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

Regarding my previous question, do I still need to transfer Sibelius files in order to have it update the WIMA log, and then upload the pdf?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

pjones235 wrote:Regarding my previous question, do I still need to transfer Sibelius files in order to have it update the WIMA log, and then upload the pdf?
No, since Sibelius files are not allowed on the IMSLP servers - only the PDFs should be transferred right now. Later on, I think there are plans to have another website to host all the source files, but as of yet this has not been set up. (*looks pointedly at Max* :wink: )
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

Alright. So what am I to do with the sheet music that is on WIMA as a Sibelius file?
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

pjones235 wrote:Alright. So what am I to do with the sheet music that is on WIMA as a Sibelius file?
You mean there are some pieces that only have Sibelius files, with no PDF equivalent? I mean, in either case, nothing can be done at this point, since they can't be uploaded here and the external server isn't set up yet as far as I know. So, you should do nothing with them :)
pjones235
active poster

Post by pjones235 »

Shirly Carpenter's music... I don't know if there are any others, these were just the first I found.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

If you're feeling ambitious, download the trial for Sibelius 7, open the .sib files from WIMA, adjust, and export as PDF.
Notenschreiber
active poster

Post by Notenschreiber »

Maybe it helps, if you install the "scorch" plug in . This is free available. Then you can see the sheet music in your browser
and sometimes the .sib files can be printed too.
Edit: I forgot, that printing to file is not allowed by scorch, so my proposal doesn´t work.
Last edited by Notenschreiber on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

pjones235 wrote:I've a question about uploading. How should I transfer a song if it only comes in a Sibelius flavor, rather than in portable document format?
I am surprised you found a Sibelius file without its pdf on WIMA! What are the composer and title?