Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post by imslp »

I realize that this is one day late (I was struggling to finish my final papers :(), but I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2011 has been an amazing year for IMSLP. Our collection has grown from 81,000 scores last Christmas to more than 151,000 scores now, the fastest rate of growth yet in IMSLP history. Not only that, the site underwent a major redesign, resulting in a completely new main page design and improved work pages. Of course, we have experienced a steady increase in visitor traffic, who were no doubt attracted by the quality and size of IMSLP's collection that everyone helped improve.

Here I'd like to thank every contributor that contributed last year! Also, I'd like to especially thank our copyright review, librarian and administrator teams for their wonderful work in keeping IMSLP running so smoothly during such a period of growth.

But we are not going to stop here! In addition to the continued work on IMSLP's score collection, there are already several major new projects in the works that will be revealed in early-to-mid 2012, so keep your eyes peeled! These projects will continue to advance IMSLP's mission of promoting the enjoyment and practice of music.

I greatly look forward to seeing IMSLP's growth in the new year. In the meanwhile, happy holidays, and I hope everyone gets some well deserved rest!

Yours,
Edward