Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

haydenmuhl
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

F.P. Tosti complete songs now available on IMSLP

Post by haydenmuhl »

A couple years ago I found a set of F.P. Tosti's complete songs at the music library published by Ricordi. Nearly all the songs in the collection were reprints of late 19th or early 20th century editions, making them eligible for upload. At the time there were only a handful of Tosti's songs on IMSLP, so I decided to make a project of scanning and uploading all fourteen volumes.

As of right now, I've finished uploading the last songs from volume 14, and they are awaiting copyright review. There are still a few loose ends I want to take care of in the next few days, but I've finished uploading scores, so I thought an announcement was in order. You can find a listing of the fourteen volume set on the wiki. The last bits of work I need to get done are adding the last remaining links to that page, and adding copyright information to the handful of songs that are not yet in the public domain, or are new typesets and cannot be uploaded due to IMSLP's 25 year rule. There is one more score left to upload, as well. There was a reproduction of the recently discovered manuscript of Ideale, which will also be going up soon.

Hopefully, now singers and audiences all over the world will be able to more easily enjoy some of these wonderful songs.
Classical Voices - a forum for classical singers
olmsted
regular poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: F.P. Tosti complete songs now available on IMSLP

Post by olmsted »

A gigantic effort, to the benefit of music-lovers everywhere. Thank you. -- Olmsted