Project Leonardo

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Project Leonardo

Post by imslp »

Hi all,

I just received word from Max that he has finished migrating the IMSLP-EU site to his newly established project called "Project Leonardo", which operates under the auspices of a newly created New Zealand company. Max will be able to tell you more about the project, but I just thought I'd give a heads up and that there might be interesting things coming soon from Project Leonardo. For the time being there are no differences in usage to the end user.
Choralia
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Project Leonardo

Post by Choralia »

Details about Project Leonardo can be found at the project portal, http://leonardolibrary.org.

The original reason of the project was to consolidate IMSLP-EU operations in such a way that the responsibility was under an organization (even though small) rather than under an individual. Then it was realized that the principle could be applicable to other similar websites, so the scope of the project was extended to "provide web hosting services to online libraries that distribute free contents in any fields of arts and science".
imslp wrote:there might be interesting things coming soon from Project Leonardo
In New Zealand copyright lasts for 50 years after the author's death. In principle, Project Leonardo may provide web hosting services to users located in New Zealand or in other "50 pma countries", so that they may lawfully upload or download scores that are public domain in their jurisdictions. This might be considered as a possibility for the future.

Max