homerdundas
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

MLA Conference, Atlanta, USA Feb 26-Mar 2

Post by homerdundas »

Music Library Association Conference
Atlanta, GA

I am wondering if anyone will be representing IMSLP, or if any other IMSLP regulars are going to Atlanta for the conference. It might be interesting to discuss some of the current issues here over something-nice-to-drink, if not in a more formal setting.

The conference website is here: http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/page/mla_2014/.

I will be attending.
Homerdundas
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: MLA Conference, Atlanta, USA Feb 26-Mar 2

Post by Carolus »

I'm delighted you will be there to attend. Be sure to get some body-armor, possibly some heavily-armed security folks as well. (There's been some controversy over IMSLP at MLA as of late, in case you've not been following the discussion on the MLA list). :mrgreen:
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

I won't be in attendance for any of the day sessions, but if we all (whomever else might be attending) want to pick an evening maybe we can get together for a libation. Any of those days work for me.
jfarrington
active poster

Post by jfarrington »

I'll be there, of course. In my capacity as Assistant Convention Manager I'll have my hands full during the run of the convention. A lunch would work better in my schedule. BTW, not all music librarians are as cantankerous as some of the more outspoken examples you might have read recently.
Jim
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

Are there minutes of this conference available?
jfarrington
active poster

Post by jfarrington »

There won't be a conference proceedings, as such, produced for the meeting. However, there will be writeups of many of the sessions in the MLA newsletter, found here: http://www.musiclibraryassoc.org/?page=newsletter.
Jim
homerdundas
active poster

Post by homerdundas »

I wish to thank all those who attended the ''IMSLP Conversation over Lunch'' at the MLA Conference. It was a pleasure to meet face-to-face some of the poeple I had only known as a friendly 'alias' on these forums. Discussion topics were sheet music scanning methods and quality, the Sibley Mirroring Project, streaming website backup, the publishers area on IMSLP, IMSLP vs. DIAMM and many more.

Further opportunities to meet librarians interested in IMSLP will be the CAML conference at Brock University in May (held as part of the Congress of the Humanities), the IAML conferences in Antwerp in July and New York City in 2015. I will post separately about these events. Homer.