Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Works of Edgar Varèse now available

Post by daphnis »

Happy New Year to all, and in this new year brings some new composers who are now public domain in Canada and other life-plus-50 countries. Of these composers is Edgar Varèse, now represented on IMSLP for the first time with the majority of his published works.

For those not familiar, Varèse was a seminal figure in modern music who became known as the father of electronic music. His music places strong emphasis on timbre and rhythm and with it envisioned vast soundscapes constructed of their collection in a term coined "organized sound". I would invite those to know more about his accomplishments to have a read over at his Wikipedia page and to check out the many recordings available on places like YouTube.

Enjoy,

Daphnis
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Works of Edgar Varèse now available

Post by coulonnus »

But how come Bela Bartok (1881-1945) is still non PD EU? I thought the change was automatic and his works show V/V/16!
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

This will be adjusted soon.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

coulonnus wrote:But how come Bela Bartok (1881-1945) is still non PD EU?
I guess it's the usual delay due to the caching mechanism. Add "?action=purge" to the URL of a page, confirm that you want to clear the cache of the page if confirmation is requested, and you'll get the updated page.

Max
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

The composer and work page have no longer the copyright notice, but V/V/16 remains even on work pages I hadn't visited before, even with "?action=purge"
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

That is by design. The digit remains but accessibility is as if that reads as a "V".