Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

pml
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Happy 10th birthday, IMSLP

Post by pml »

Belated anniversary congratulations, the actual date having occurred on Tuesday. Feldmahler’s contribution to the festivities has apparently been to implement a speed test for the various mirrors, results from which looks like the attachment here:
Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 12.02.33.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 12.02.33.png (80.84 KiB) Viewed 19631 times
(Yes. I have shitty internet.)

I hope some nice cake or other tasty refreshments were consumed.
--
PML (talk)
imslp
Site Admin

Re: Happy 10th birthday, IMSLP

Post by imslp »

Hey - I baked my first cake too! :) Didn't turn out so bad either.

Also, mirrors I and J were added, though they don't seem too much help in your particular case (they are good for NA/Europe).
Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Happy 10th birthday, IMSLP

Post by Sallen112 »

Hi Edward

The implementation of the Speed Test seemed to have improved download speeds in some regard, but like this evening, my internet has been total shit (quoting PML in the case) this evening so our download speed and loading pages are a pain right now. Yesterday when I tried the speed test a few times, for some downloads, it would download very quickly but other files wouldn't download very fast. I guess the mirrors are in different parts of the world and that files like on the EU server for example would be a bit slower for me probably to download?

Thanks again for the update to the site and hope to see another 10 glorious years of more uploading and growing to the site from all users!