Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Hobbypianist
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Main Page redesign! Commemorative 10th Aniv edition

Post by Hobbypianist »

Especially I like the language links arranged in 3 columns now. The previous Langcol template is quite long meanwhile.

The new page still looks a bit naked for me though. Maybe some small pic, notes, logo, whatever and / or a decent colour would be nice?
The listing of the number of works, scores, recordings is below the "How to contribute" now. I consider this as an impressive info for users because that's the library's "stock", so would have expected it a bit closer to the IMSLP Petrucci description. Or maybe below the "Sharing the world’s public domain music" it would be ok, too. Then it could be interpreted as 'here, look what we have in our collection'.

Is it possible to make the font size of the copyright notice at the bottom one or two points larger? It's very small. Well, I still read it, I don't have glasses so far :wink: but copyright is not unimportant.
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

So that's it? Everyone who wants to has chimed in? Do people just not check the boards like they used to?
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

I don't know, I check them at least once a day.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Just wanted to say that I really like the new front page. My only comment is that the logo at the top seems a bit small - if the quality of the PNG is not good enough to scale up (i.e. it is too small), here's a bigger one:

http://imslp.org/wiki/File:IMSLP_logo_-_dark.png
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Great suggestions from everyone so far. I'll see if there's a way to add the blue gradient at the top like before in a clean way. We'll see what people think...

For the wordmark, I'll try to make a good svg version from the one you've uploaded so it can scale visibly without messing up the small petrucci part. The one I had was just a placeholder. I'll play around and try to find a good size.
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Okay - color changes made and fixed the logo size. The "upload file" page won't let me upload svg's so, Edward, if you want a nice scalable version of the new wordmark let me know how else I could upload it.

Further suggestions?

EDIT: Okay seeing as nobody is seeing this at all I'm going to go ahead and update the main page to the new design... I'll give this 24 hours or so before actually doing so in case someone has a compelling reason (or if it's broken on some browsers, etc....)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Again, great job on this. You can send the SVG to my e-mail at feldmahler@imslp.org
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

I can hide the News frame if I want but when I quit my browser and come back it reappears. The status of 3 other frames below is remembered correctly. Is this a bug or a feature?
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Weird. Maybe it's because it's the first one that it won't stay closed? I didn't write the code for it as it's beyond my level so maybe feldmahler or a hypothetical mystery intern can chime in on what can be done. ..

Update: I think it's because it doesn't have an id associated with it like the other three tabs and I bet that's how the open/closed info is stored. I don't really know but that's the only thing different about it than the other ones.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

A very clean and elegant re-design. It works really nicely on an iPad, among other platforms. Congratulations!
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

coulonnus wrote:I can hide the News frame if I want but when I quit my browser and come back it reappears. The status of 3 other frames below is remembered correctly. Is this a bug or a feature?
Thanks for the correction.