Naxos Music Library

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Oakmoss
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Naxos Music Library

Post by Oakmoss »

Update: Naxos accepts me again. NML giveth, NML taketh...
s31415

Post by s31415 »

Since yesterday, I am getting the following error message when trying to log in to Naxos with my IMSLP credentials:
The maximum number of simultaneous connections of your subscription has been reached.
Trying to acces NML from the IMSLP website yields:
The maximum number of simultaneous users authorized by your institution has been reached. Please try again later.

In order to properly end a session and free up a user count, all users must click on the red Log-Out button. Failure to do so will occupy one user count until the session times out.
If this persists, please inform your admin of the situation.
None of my devices are connected. Did anybody observe something similar?
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Yes, it means the maximum number of allotted sessions are in use right now. There are a finite number of sessions that can be logged in simultaneously. Once those are reached, any other users see that message until slots are freed up. There's no way (that I know of) that we can free those up, unless this is due to another issue.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Not sure if it's counting simultaneous sessions from your ip (you say no sessions of yours are logged in right now, but unless you have consistently logged out after every time you've logged in, that's actually very much not the case...) or sessions from all over imslp membership.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

It looks at org subscriptions, so all of IMSLP.
s31415

Post by s31415 »

It is probably sessions from all over imslp memberships. Naxos automatically logs you out from time to time, sometimes even between tracks. I have been using Naxos through imslp for months without any problem. It started yesterday evening, I managed to log in again this morning and then the same error showed up again in the afternoon.

I hope this is temporary and that the number of imslp users will stay below the maximum number of allotted sessions.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Naxos acknowledged this problem yesterday and they are working on it.
s31415

Post by s31415 »

Thank you!
jdperdrix

Post by jdperdrix »

Thank you! My desktop connection didn't work, while the ipad one had no problem...
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

On my iPhone mobile app, I've been getting "login failed for unknown reasons"- I should contact Naxos support but would like to know if this has been happening to anyone else here? I assume "unknown reasons" doesn't just mean wrong password. (The institutional password @ IMSLP.org seems to have changed, btw, but I'm guessing that happens occasionally, has to...)'

(Browser connection to NML as accessed through the IMSLP site itself still seems fine as tested a few minutes ago. Again, loving having more access to music from Carissimi to Lutyens to Zelenka to ...)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Oh, now it does say Username or Password incorrect even though I've been sure to reenter the name and password given @ our website. Odd.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

I also noticed now the link to naxos on the front page has disappeared. Looks like Feldmahler took it down.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I've usually made use of one of the two links on each workpage, only one of which remains.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

We are tweaking a few things with Naxos in the coming weeks, stay tuned.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Ok.
Has Naxos been complaining about our use of it? Hope not. I enjoy the service -very- much and very much appreciate having access to it.