Naxos Music Library

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Re: Naxos Music Library

Post by imslp »

No, wasn't thinking in that vein. The integration may change a bit, still talking with Naxos.
green-qqq
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by green-qqq »

How do you show the Naxos tab on a score page for pages without a human/midi recording, but with a lot of naxos recordings?
Is it possible to control/write the ”seach words” for the Naxos tab on a score page, and thereby narrow the seach for Naxos recordings.
gandoe

Post by gandoe »

Hi all -

I'm about to become a new member - just a few questions about the Naxos affiliation...
- On the Naxos Music Library site, it indicates that annual subscription cost for premium quality is $315, while the annual cost for standard quality is $210; yet the annual cost for an IMSLP subscription (which apparently comprises the standard quality streaming library) is only $22- am I missing something?
- is there an upgraded IMSLP membership to get the premium quality?
- if I subscribed to Naxos to get the premium quality - does that get me membership to IMSLP

And in regards to access:
- am I able to listen to IMSLP (Naxos) streaming service on a mobile app (Android preferably), or do I need to go through the html website?
- alternatively, can I use the Naxos mobile app ?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ed
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

The library pays for the rest, is part of it, perhaps at a reduced library rate but probably not...
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

As a member I may listen to modern, PD-nowhere composers. Isn't there a copyright problem?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Why? The makers of the CDs all have arrangements with NML- I’m not following. I do think my logic above was a bit off about why Library members get reduced rates but...
s31415

Post by s31415 »

I am getting again the error message when trying to reach Naxos:
The maximum number of simultaneous users authorized by your institution has been reached. Please try again later.

In order to properly end a session and free up a user count, all users must click on the red Log-Out button. Failure to do so will occupy one user count until the session times out.
If this persists, please inform your admin of the situation.
Is it possible to do something about it? Thanks!
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Mobile app says now that my subscription expires in 20 days. Assuming this has not suddenly become the case, should I just re-enter the general username and password at that time?
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

has anyone else’s ability to use the mobile app for imslp (specifically) ceased this afternoon with a subscription expired please renew apparently unconnected to one’s imslp subscription?
tsuk

Post by tsuk »

Naxos Music Library is working for me right now, both on the web and on my iPhone.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

for me too, now that I've installed today's update @ the phone app store. That may have been the thing...
tsuk

Post by tsuk »

I'm now getting the message "We're sorry: Your subscription has expired. Please renew to access NML content." when I try to use the mobile app on my iPhone. It might have started when I updated the app on July 25. Listening through the website still works. Any ideas?
tsuk

Post by tsuk »

It's working for me now. No idea what happened.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Trying to access the library from Chrome browser on my Mac today and getting "your license has already expired!" Odd. Anyone else getting this message?
lworthin

Post by lworthin »

Eric wrote:Trying to access the library from Chrome browser on my Mac today and getting "your license has already expired!" Odd. Anyone else getting this message?
Yes, I get that message on a Win10 PC with Chrome.