Naxos Music Library

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

imslp
Site Admin

Naxos Music Library

Post by imslp »

Hi all,

I would like to announce that IMSLP has entered into a partnership with Naxos where all IMSLP members will have full access to the Naxos Music Library, a library of more than 123,000 CDs including more than 1.8 million tracks. I know some of you already use the Naxos Music Library in conjunction with IMSLP, so hopefully this will open up the possibility to many more people. This feature is included in the IMSLP membership at no extra charge.

To access the Naxos Music Library, please visit this page.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Naxos Music Library

Post by daphnis »

This is FANTASTIC news! They have a tremendous music library and I'm so thrilled we now have access. Thanks very much for making this happen!
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

You are welcome :) Thought it'd be a great match.
icactus
active poster

Post by icactus »

Is it really necessary to put the naxos library tag under the petrucci library numbers? I mean, it's just a benefit of being a member and its getting prime real estate as if it is part of the IMSLP project. Wouldn't it make more sense to put it in the news section? While it's a nice feature to list somewhere, it's really just an ad and it's not the reason people come to IMSLP in the first place.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

The thinking is that IMSLP is in a long term partnership with Naxos, so I do like to make more people aware of what Naxos has to offer. From what I can see, many people are not aware of the NML - Naxos deals mostly with libraries/institutions and not with individuals.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

That is good to know, Edward that they only deal with libraries/institutions. Great addition to the site. its like the Itunes of IMSLP, only on the classical side!
alexh

Post by alexh »

This is very exciting news! I've just subscribed, and shared with a few friends.

A question: are we able to create personal playlists as part of this deal? There's a help page at http://imslp.naxosmusiclibrary.com/help ... ngplaylist (only viewable if you're logged in already) but the "sign up" or "login" buttons aren't appearing on the playlists page for me.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

I'll ask, alexh. Also, just a friendly reminder that you should not share your IMSLP account, as noted on the Naxos page: http://imslp.org/wiki/IMSLP:Naxos
alexh

Post by alexh »

Thanks!

By "shared with a few friends", I mean shared the news and encouraged them to sign up. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression: I haven't shared access to my own account.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

No worries, alexh.
alexh

Post by alexh »

Looks like playlists are working now, thanks!
Zarplod

Post by Zarplod »

My NAXOS login and password do not work! IMSLP needs to fix this! I became a member a few weeks ago and the login worked for a week, then stopped!
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Are you still able to auto-login using the "Naxos Music Library" search on the main page, or does nothing work? Is anyone else having this problem? It seems to be working ok for me...

(by the way, if people don't at least occasionally _log out_ of their sessions, this will sometimes happen anyway, unless I'm much mistaken. So log out when done, unless your session's already expired... :) )
Oakmoss

Post by Oakmoss »

I have the same problem, since this morning the NML mobile app doesn't recognise my login credentials anymore. Desktop version works fine, the WiFi network isn't the issue, and I've tried re-installing the app to no avail.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Same problem with mobile app.

I've had other problems with the mobile app (most annoyingly up to now: failure to consistently sequentially play- track 3 (minuet eg) will sometimes: end, unexpected pause, then track 4 will display the correct name (eg Finale. Allegro) but what you'll hear is a movement from a different piece on the album or anyway a different track...; needed solution short term is go up and click the correct track- but you don't want to have to do that, you want correct behavior) and so- I usually, whether on desktop or mobile device, log in through imslp.org on a browser...