Festival or concerts

Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

Altrosole
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Festival or concerts

Post by Altrosole »

Hi there: in spite of being colaborating with IMSLP about 1-2 years ago, this is my first time in this forum. I wanted to participate here because I've noticed IMSLP needs monetary support, as it would be possibly the case of any site like this. So, the issue would be familiar to many of us, working in this area. As this site gives a helping hand to many of us and to the public I think it's not a bad idea to propose something to help this page and ourselves.

I think this page could organize some festival with original music, composed by collaborators and contributors, or set up concerts with original music. So contributors could create music specially for this page, and make a donation in order to help this page to raise funds. This way, IMSLP could have support and our music could reach more public. I don't believe it's an entirely bad idea because the site works hard and manage an enormous amount of scores, so if the site puts just a little part of the music to raise funds, it would be fair.

So, I propose adding a new cathegory to submit an score: a donation to the page IMSLP, in order to raise funds for this project.

Kind regards,

Altrosole
Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Festival or concerts

Post by Sallen112 »

You may as well sign up for a subscription would be easier, this way you have access to Naxos and no wait times for downloads.