Messages from and Discussions about IMSLP

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

IMSLP down?

Post by kosboot »

IMSLP has been down most of today, July 6. Any explanations and estimations when it will be back up?
Sallen112
active poster

Re: IMSLP down?

Post by Sallen112 »

Don't know either, still can't get on.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

Ok got some news for everyone to know on the situation, there was a network outage on the Canadian server, and they have to replace the server there so it should be up by tonight in a few hours "Central Standard Time", my time hopefully.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

OK the site is back up but it is slow for me at the moment in browsing around.
fahl5

Post by fahl5 »

Down again ?
:(
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

In 2011 in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4775&start=30 there was a workround typing 184.107.161.242 instead of imslp.org in your browser. Now nslookup imslp.org from a command window gives 192.95.30.16. Any ideas?
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

There was a hiccup but all good now.
JamesBrigham
regular poster

Post by JamesBrigham »

Has everything gone back to working?

I cannot get an activation email sent to me.
My preferences state:
E-mail confirmation: Your e-mail address is not yet authenticated. No e-mail will be sent for any of the following features.
Confirm your e-mail address
When I click on the Confirm your e-mail address link it claims I have been sent an email. Yet nothing arrives. There is nothing in my spam box.

Yet it states in My preferences:
Member of groups: Users, verifieduser
So it's as if I'm verified but nevertheless I am blocked from uploading until my email is authenticated.

I did originally receive an email address confirmation email back on the 1st June 2016. And I clicked the link to activate but then didn't use the account for over a month.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Still can't get on from desktop (any of my browsers?) all these weeks later (imslp seems to be practically the only site blocked, odder yet, it's not a general thing...), though I can connect from my mobile phone. (Fortunately, I can download PDFs from my phone, and can listen to, though -not-, it seems, download/save, mp3s.)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Eric - Are you able to access the site now? You may need to clear your browser cache.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Still only from my phone (iPhone 6s), not from my desktop (2007 iMac running OS 10.11.6. Chrome and Safari browsers tried, cache cleared on Chrome,in both cases imslp.org cannot be reached (or absent from DNS? Not sure- if I could remember the numeric equivalent/resolved address, I'd try it. Maybe my DNS has a hole in it. Maybe my desktop IP, but not my phone, has been (accidentally?) banned (can they even have different IPs? They're on the same Wifi so I presume not anyway...) Briefly- no clue why... I can reach imslpforums no problem 't'all, it seems.

I don't know if there are other sites that I used to reach without a problem and now also run into a brick wall with my desktop but significantly not with my phone browsers, because lately I mostly use my desktop browsers when I need to, for things I haven't worked out how to do (cheaply?) with the phone...- navigate sites with Javascript, upload files to sites, download mp3s from IMSLP to hard drive (that's a no quite entirely, at the moment; at least I can play them on the phone, just not download them for offline listening...) etc.; it's a 9-year-old computer and not a speedy one either.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

What about resetting your router/modem? This could help.
Choralia
Site Admin

Post by Choralia »

Eric, is it possible that the setting of the hosts file described here is still active on your computer? At that time you were the first user who confirmed that my suggested setting was OK as a workaround to the IMSLP domain suspension. IMSLP's IP address has changed since then, so, if that setting is still active, your computer may still be trying to reach the old IP address!

Max
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

A clean reinstall of the Operating System would not be a bad idea with a system that old by now! This way your computer goes back to factory default for settings (except for the OS number itself, which would be the same number) and that any issues with your browser would clear up.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

FYI, the IMSLP server IP is 192.95.30.16 - try and see if you can access that IP address directly.

By the way, the IP address is due to change in the near future, as there is a major upgrade/site redesign in the works.