Breitkopf & Hartel editions (etc)

Archived threads.

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Wolveswhite
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Breitkopf & Hartel editions (etc)

Post by Wolveswhite »

As an amateur pianist and collector of the forgotten romantic repertoire, over the years, I have spent a great deal time tracking down the missing works of Xaver Scharwenka (and others), mostly published in the 1880s. I was "over-the-moon" when I finally discovered your site and managed to download his A minor Polonaise, Op.7. A week later, I went back for the Ballade, Op.8 and the Polish Rhapsody, Op.76, only to discover you'd been shut down by some misguided people who think they own the Universe. OK, they may have exclusive rights to R.Strauss, Stockhausen, etc (to which they are very welcome), but, CUMMON!!!, give us back those scores which have been unavailable (unfashionable?) for 130 years or more. Maybe, if Universal were to reprint some of this lost repertoire, I could understand their childish tantrums, but, as things stand, they are simply sending mountains of good music to the gas chamber.
Yagan Kiely
Site Admin
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by Yagan Kiely »

Please read this thread, it answers your demands. No pieces will be excluded from the catalogue that were in it before the closure.
cellopro

Post by cellopro »

Once IMSLP is back up, I will offer from my website the following to you:

Piano Sonata # 1 in c#, Opus 6
16 Polish National Dances, Opus 3
Ballade, Opus 8
Barcarolle in e, Opus 14
Impromptu in D, Opus 17
Novellette, Opus 22, # 1
Polonaise in f, Opus 42
Staccato Etude, Opus 27, # 3

No charge. My way of supporting this community. They are all PD.

Please however, wait until IMSLP is resurrected, I would like to respect the wishes of this site to not support p2p while the site is down.

Cellopro