stripping logos from scanned PDF files

Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

mamcdonald

Re: stripping logos from scanned PDF files

Post by mamcdonald »

Is there any place for those of us who are not as computer savvy to learn about all these things (i.e. unlocking, automated logo removal, etc.)? I just purchased three of the OM timp/percussion CDs and am trying to figure out how to do all this stuff but honestly have no clue what I'm doing. Or would anyone here be willing to explain? Or is there any place I can upload the PDF files from the CD just straight and let you guys deal with them :wink: ? Let me know. I have Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Debussy, Strauss, Sibelius, etc. timp/percussion parts out the ass now but all infected with logos. Thank you!
Mazin
regular poster

Re: stripping logos from scanned PDF files

Post by Mazin »

mamcdonald wrote:Is there any place for those of us who are not as computer savvy to learn about all these things (i.e. unlocking, automated logo removal, etc.)? I just purchased three of the OM timp/percussion CDs and am trying to figure out how to do all this stuff but honestly have no clue what I'm doing. Or would anyone here be willing to explain? Or is there any place I can upload the PDF files from the CD just straight and let you guys deal with them :wink: ? Let me know. I have Tchaikovsky, Mahler, Debussy, Strauss, Sibelius, etc. timp/percussion parts out the ass now but all infected with logos. Thank you!
I think we already have most of the material from the CDs (someone correct me otherwise), and we just need to remove the logos.

A colleague and I are working on a program that should automate removing the CDSM (but not the OM) logos in a super-fast way, although the process that I use for extracting and combining files into PDFs is essentially the same as horndude77's.