save just a few pages from a score?

Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

Katiekatopera
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 am
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

save just a few pages from a score?

Postby Katiekatopera » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 am

I am a music student, and I was wondering if there is anyway to download just a few select pages from a score, without downloading the whole thing?

KGill
Copyright Reviewer
Posts: 1289
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:16 pm
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: save just a few pages from a score?

Postby KGill » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:23 am

Not unless a preview image is provided (you can download that separately - it's usually the first page of music or title page, but there's no systematic implementation of that). As far as I can see, this feature would be quite difficult to implement, since the whole PDF file would need to be downloaded if one were to view a few pages anyway...

vinteuil
Groundskeeper
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:01 pm
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: save just a few pages from a score?

Postby vinteuil » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 am

In safari, you can right-click to save a page.
Formerly known as "perlnerd666"

NLewis
active poster
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:25 am
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: save just a few pages from a score?

Postby NLewis » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:03 am

perlnerd666 wrote:In safari, you can right-click to save a page.


You would still need to download the entire thing first though ;)

coulonnus
active poster
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:53 am
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human
Location: Nice, France
Contact:

Re: save just a few pages from a score?

Postby coulonnus » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:46 am

Katiekatopera wrote:[...]and I was wondering if there is anyway to download just a few select pages from a score, without downloading the whole thing?

You can always download the whole thing and create another score with the selected pages, with pdftk. http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/

KristyGDunst
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:42 am
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: save just a few pages from a score?

Postby KristyGDunst » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:10 am

coulonnus wrote:
Katiekatopera wrote:[...]and I was wondering if there is anyway to download just a few select pages from a score, without downloading the whole thing?

You can always download the whole thing and create another score with the selected pages, with pdftk. http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/


Proven. Thanks Katie

nancyfromafrica
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:21 am
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: save just a few pages from a score?

Postby nancyfromafrica » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 am

take a screencapturing software or use printscreen button paste it in mspaint and you are done


Return to “Scanning and PDF Creation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest