Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

kosboot
forum adept
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Compilations

Post by kosboot »

I want to scan & upload a 1903 published compilation of choral works sung by the Viennese Sing-Akademie. Each work is by a different composer, some of whom (like the theorist Heinrich Schenker, who has a work in there) do not have a page on IMSLP. How do I go about setting this up? Or do I just put it under the editor's name (Carl Lafite, also not on IMSLP) and let others do the indexing? Guidance would be appreciated - thanks!
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Compilations

Post by daphnis »

Unless others chime in, the verdict we have reached in the past has been to split up the compilation into individual compositions and upload those to the appropriate composer/composition page, creating both as necessary.
kosboot
forum adept

Post by kosboot »

Gotcha - thanks for the response!
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

Posting the entire work as a collection under the editor's category is an option. An example of such a page is Diebold's Laudate Dominum in Organo, Op.105 of which Diebold was both the editor and a contributor. In order to get the work to show up under the Collection tab for a composer whose work is included in the compilation you have to add the following for each composer at the bottom of the work page (after the end of template message): {{ColCat|first name|last name}} (of course having the name match the composer's category if, for instance, a middle name is included). To get the work recognized by the system as being a collection you add the following line within the Work Info area: |Page Type=Collection
kosboot
forum adept

Post by kosboot »

This is really helpful! I know lots of work goes on behind the scenes so I just want to facilitate things. Thank you Cypressdome! Look for my upload of a compilation by Carl Lafite by Sunday.
kosboot
forum adept

Post by kosboot »

It worked! Thanks again, Cypressdome: http://imslp.org/wiki/51_gemischten_Ch% ... ite,_Carl)