Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

crriedel
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin

Post by crriedel »

Hello,
I would like to know were the orchestral parts of Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin at http://imslp.org/wiki/Le_tombeau_de_Cou ... Maurice%29 uploaded by Ottaviano (2009/12/5) come from (which library?).
The problem is that there exist two versions: first print 1919 (registered at the dépôt légal in Paris in 1920) and second print (registered at the dépôt légal in Paris in 1922) which differ in musical details but the title pages and the engraving number (Stichnummer) are the same: D. & F. 9812. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you already in advance and greetings from Wiesbaden, Germany,
Christian Rudolf Riedel
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin

Post by daphnis »

These are parts that were made available through The Orchestra Musician's CD-ROM Library (http://www.orchmusiclibrary.com/).

You say the two copies contain different musical content. Can you provide an example of this?
crriedel

Re: Ravel: Le Tombeau de Couperin

Post by crriedel »

Hello,
thank you very much for the information about the PDFs origin.
Here is one example for differences between 1st and 2nd print, taken from Basson I, 2nd half of bar 23 (one bar after 3): The first print 1919 has B-f#-b-f#-d1 (which is in accordance with the piano version), the 2nd print (= the common version) has c#-f#-a-f#d1. I wonder whether this correction is authentic, i.e. caused directly or indirectly by Ravel ... Do you have an explanation for this and the very unusual fact that the orchestral version was registered twice at the dépôt légal in Paris in 1919 and once more in 1922?
Greetings and best wishes, CHr. R. Riedel