Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

savlom
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Deleting wrong uploads

Postby savlom » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 am

Hi all,

today I uploaded my first score on IMSLP. It's a transcription for harpsichord of the Contredanse en Rondeau of Rameau. I'm the arranger/editor and I transcribed myself the piece from the manuscript copy in IMSLP. I uploaded the PDF three times (wrong versions etc. etc.) in the Rameau's Dardanus page, but now I realize that I was wrong, and the piecece comes from "Les Boréades" (my fault, sorry!).
I've just uploaded the file into the correct page (Les Boréades), but now I need to delete it from the wrong one (Dardanus).
It seems impossible to me.
Any hint?

Thank you.

savlom

Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Deleting wrong uploads

Postby Carolus » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:11 am

Only admins can actually delete a file. To replace a file (corrections, updated info, revised title, etc.), do the following:

1. Click on the file number
2. Follow the link to "upload a new version of this file"
3. Upload the new file - you can name the new one any way you like (keep it the same or change to something new - it makes no difference)
4. When you see the little [B] next to the file description, you will know your replacement was successful

It might appear to be the old version if you view without being logged in for a couple of days due to the site's cache being updated, but the new one is what will actually download. That's all there is to it. I'll check, but I expect someone has already fixed the wrong piece issue.

Return to “Scanning and PDF Creation”