Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

savlom
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Deleting wrong uploads

Post by savlom »

Hi all,

today I uploaded my first score on IMSLP. It's a transcription for harpsichord of the Contredanse en Rondeau of Rameau. I'm the arranger/editor and I transcribed myself the piece from the manuscript copy in IMSLP. I uploaded the PDF three times (wrong versions etc. etc.) in the Rameau's Dardanus page, but now I realize that I was wrong, and the piecece comes from "Les Boréades" (my fault, sorry!).
I've just uploaded the file into the correct page (Les Boréades), but now I need to delete it from the wrong one (Dardanus).
It seems impossible to me.
Any hint?

Thank you.

savlom
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Deleting wrong uploads

Post by Carolus »

Only admins can actually delete a file. To replace a file (corrections, updated info, revised title, etc.), do the following:

1. Click on the file number
2. Follow the link to "upload a new version of this file"
3. Upload the new file - you can name the new one any way you like (keep it the same or change to something new - it makes no difference)
4. When you see the little next to the file description, you will know your replacement was successful

It might appear to be the old version if you view without being logged in for a couple of days due to the site's cache being updated, but the new one is what will actually download. That's all there is to it. I'll check, but I expect someone has already fixed the wrong piece issue.