Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Music Scores from Hathi Trust

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

I would be grateful for the advice on how to download the scores from Hathi Trust . I was trying to download the harp scores to upload on IMSLP. For the scores with full view and in PD, I could view the pages but when I downloaded the PDF (even for a single page and not the whole score), and when I opened the saved file, the page was blank.

To give an example it happened with 'Six divertimentos for the piano forte or harp with an accompaniment for a flute or violin / composed ... by Veronica Cianchettini' and also with the a few others that I tried to download. All the downloaded pages were blank. Can someone please explain how to download scores from Hathi Trust . Cypressdome has no problem getting scores from it and I wonder whether I was not doing somrthing wrong in downloading. I would much appreciate if anyone can kindly explain.
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Music Scores from Hathi Trust

Post by coulonnus »

Here "Download the whole book (PDF)" in the left column works. How big is the pdf you obtain?
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Thank you coulonnus. I have used ''Download the whole book (PDF)" in the left column and mysteriously it worked . But not always. Sometimes the PDF has only the first page with Hathi Trust was downloaded and the rest of the pages were blank. I am mystified and I wonder wgether it is the internet connection problem.
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

I am getting more mystified. After the PDF was downloaded, and when I saved it on my computer, all the pages became blank. Can cypressdome come to my rescue again please.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

What is its size once downloaded? Should be 11.193.525 bytes. With which tool do you view it?
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

With Foxit Reader the first page (Hathitrust "copyright") show up quickly then the next ones remain blank for a second or so, but show up.
coulonnus
active poster

Post by coulonnus »

And Sumatra says "please wait" for a couple of seconds at each page.
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Thank you so much for all your replies, coulonnus. I could open the saved PDF files with Adobe reader and Google chrome. I am much obliged.