Advice and Help

Moderator: kcleung

gattodacqua
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Newness

Post by gattodacqua »

Hi all,
Total newby here, just made my first contribution. I would just like some nice people to check it and make sure it's ok.
My first issue is, it's a big file, 92mb. So i will work on it and resubmit.
I have used the black and white quartz filter with Apple Preview, and the file went from 92 to 47mb. Step in the right direction, still big.

How do i delete the file in order to reupload?

What i just uploaded:
Mahler, Des knabe Wunderhorn, low voice.
cypressdome
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Newness

Post by cypressdome »

The images are very good. They appear to be around 400dpi. The file size is so large because the images are grayscale which limits the amount they can be compressed without loss of quality. The best solution is to convert the images to true black and white and then pack them into a PDF using CCITT Group 4 Fax encoding. I did this with the images from your PDF using a simple batch conversion in a free software package named IrfanView. The resulting PDF is 6.3mb (each image/page is less than 60kb in size) with almost no loss of quality. In order to upload a new version of your file click on the number (#591620) next to the download arrow. On the page that opens you'll see a link toward the bottom that says "Upload a new version of this file." Click it and you can replace your file. Thanks for your contribution and welcome to IMSLP!