Glazunov Symphony No.8

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

jsnfmn
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Glazunov Symphony No.8

Post by jsnfmn »

So, I now have a copy of this that is in shape to scan, but I want to make sure it will be ok to post here. It is printed by Belaieff, plate no 2759. On the bottom of the first page of the score it says copyright 1974, though it is obviously in a different font from all of the text in the rest of the score. I have found a copy at Harvard from Belaieff with the same plate number which is copyright 1907, so I'm assuming this is just a reprint of that with a new copyright date slapped on it, but before I start scanning it I wanted to make sure.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

You are correct. Belaieff started reissuing their Russian catalog (among others) around 1972, perhaps earlier. In fact, I recently submitted the first two symphonies by Scriabin which are in the same boat, so please scan away!
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

I'll just add that Peters took over Belaieff in 1972. They apparently started implementing the obnoxious company policy of affixing copyright notices on reprints of older Belaieff items right away. The copyright notices are utterly bogus.
jsnfmn
forum adept
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by jsnfmn »

As I had suspected, thanks, will dive into scanning.