Carcassi: Classical Guitar Method

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

gacl
regular poster

Carcassi: Classical Guitar Method

Post by gacl »

Hi,

First, i would like to say: Good job, everybody! This site rules.

Second, i would like to know if the Carl Fisher edition of the Carcassi method for the guitar can be uploaded. It is dated as 1946 and it's still in print so it's very unlikely that it's PD anywhere, but who knows? Maybe it's just a reprint or it was never renewed. Here's the link: http://avaxhome.ws/music/print/Carcassi ... ethod.html

Gus
gacl
regular poster

Re: Carcassi: Classical Guitar Method

Post by gacl »

By the way, the password is http://themusicianslibrary.blogspot.com/
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Sort of hard to tell without downloading the whole thing. It might be a copyright claim on the collection only, but then again they could be making a claim about editorship. There's no way we can tell about the renewal status without paying the copyright office to conduct a manual search. Fischer usually was pretty efficient about renewing things, so it's unlikely the work as a whole is public domain in the USA.
gacl
regular poster

Post by gacl »

Thanks.

I know there are a lot of editions of this method in the public domain. For instance, this library has quite a few copies, and there is a German\French edition at the Boije Collection. The problem is to find the copies locally in order to scan them. Although, the New York Public Library has one edition in English and Spanish with a 1906 date. Maybe i can get it as an interlibrary loan, or i'll have to drive there (i have a card). . . it's a 4 hour round trip. . .

Gus