Strauss Horn Concert Op.11 (Horn and Piano)

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Strauss Horn Concert Op.11 (Horn and Piano)

Post by horndude77 »

I've seen a couple printings of Strauss' Horn Concerto No.1 arranged for horn and piano which look like reprints of the same edition (Possibly Universal Edition Nr.1039a ?):
- International Edition: No.1715
- Kalmus: K.04130 (Reprint of Belwin Mills)
- Cundy-Bettoney (Carl Fischer): (I remember this one looking the same also)

Are these all reprints of Universal's edition? Since so many companies have reprinted it is it ok to submit?
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Strauss Horn Concert Op.11 (Horn and Piano)

Post by Carolus »

All, including the Universal, are most likely reprints of the score originally published by Aibl. Keep in mind that Universal wasn't even founded until 1901, 11 or 12 years after the concerto was first issued. I think Aibl ended up being absorbed by Universal not long after Universal's inception. Kalmus, Cundy, and International are all going to be reprints, though you'll have to make sure the International is not an edited reprint. UE's edition number coincides with the plate number, so I expect that was from the first 2-3 years of their operation - a period in which they issued a lot of Aibl works under their own imprint.