Handoskin Viola Concerto

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

carmar1791
active poster

Handoskin Viola Concerto

Post by carmar1791 »

Handoskin Viola Concerto ,Moskow:Muzika,1966,Editor(fingerings slurs piano reduction and cadenza) Borisovscky 1900-1972.
Can I Upload it?
Many thanks
Carmar
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Handoskin Viola Concerto

Post by Carolus »

This is sort of a gray area. While Khandoshkin (d.1804) is clearly free, editions like the one you describe aren't really urtext. On the other hand, no NIEs were ever filed (as far as I can tell) for editions or all bit a couple of arrangements (Shostakovich) - even those done by some rather famous musicians like Oistrakh and Rostropovich. So, this is likely free in the USA. It might not be free in Canada as it is less than 50 years old. The Russian law would appear to theoretically extend protection to works like the Borisovsky edition, but that's not a certainty - over and above the fact that Russia's copyright law appears to be observed only in the breach. Since our mission here is to make things available, I'm inclined to tag something like this as C/C/C, with the caveat that we'd have to take it down if anyone barks at us.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Ok for this I could upload , but do something change if I tell you Goldstain (handoskin = khandoshkin) ? :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_hoax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Goldstein
Ciao and Thank you in advance

Carmar
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Another hoax, I see. If Goldtein (d.1969) is the actual composer, we cannot have it here.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Ok thank you. I'll keep this piece only for me. :D
Ciao and thak you again