Prokofiev Love for the 3 Oranges Op.33b Symphonic Suite

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Ruth4000
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Prokofiev Love for the 3 Oranges Op.33b Symphonic Suite

Post by Ruth4000 »

I have this score and would like to know if I can upload it to IMSLP. The Selections from this Symphonic Suite, published by Muzyka, have already been uploaded, but I have the complete Suite published by Boosey & Hawkes and I'm not sure if their copyright claim is valid. The first page with the copyright notice is here http://www.sendspace.com/file/ymmxkx
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Prokofiev Love for the 3 Oranges Op.33b Symphonic Suite

Post by daphnis »

This is eligible for upload, however it will be blocked in the US and in the EU.
Ruth4000

Post by Ruth4000 »

Thank you daphnis, but why would this one be blocked if the Muzyka file wasn't (except for the EU) ?
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

I'm not positive yet, but I believe this is a mistake. The 1922 date by Gutheil refers to the vocal score, not the symphonic suite. The suite *was* in the public domain then returned to active copyright duty at the time of the TRIPS amendment. Proof is its former reprinting by Kalmus (now removed from the current catalog). I'm pretty sure first publication of the suite took place in 1926 by Édition Russe de Musique/Boosey & Hawkes as mentioned on the first page although I'll wait for some confirmation before I correct the tagging. Thanks for bring this to light.