Schubert - Ouverture D556

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

tilmaen
forum adept

Schubert - Ouverture D556

Post by tilmaen »

Hi again,

my orchestra planned to play the overture mentioned above, but got the sheet music for the italian style overture, now they had to get the one mentioned above (556) as well, which means i have the parts for both.

the other one i have already mentioned in another thread - this one however - not yet.
It's rental music and it says in huge letters on the cover
""Unverkäufliches Leihmaterial" Franz schubert ouverture D-Dur D556, Breitkopf & Härtel, Weiterverleihen, Abschreiben, Fotokopieren usw. unzulässig"
however, the music itself has
a) no copyright notice
b) Says F.S. 12.* on the bottom (Schubert Gesamtausgabe, just like the italian style overture?)
c) Schubert's Werke (schubert's works) on the top left corner

my educated guess is that the huge letters on the cover (they translate to: "rental material, not for sale! subrental, copying by hand, photocopiing, etc. prohibited") are just there to scare you but have absolutely no legal implications since they can not legally prohibit you from copiing something that isn't theirs to start with :D

i have scanned the music already so as soon as i can be more certain about the legality i will upload.

greetz
tilmaen
tilmaen
forum adept

Re: Schubert - Ouverture D556

Post by tilmaen »

tilmaen
forum adept

Re: Schubert - Ouverture D556

Post by tilmaen »

should the rental issue (the piece is only availible through rental) be a problem i can always retypeset the music from the score - sure it's a days work, but should be worth it :-/

greetz