Seeking death dates

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

cypressdome
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Seeking death dates

Post by cypressdome »

Sorry for the morbid subject line and I hope this plea for assistance is posted in the correct forum since it will have an effect on copyright. I'm in the process of transferring some of Joseph Marx's scores from the Internet Archive to the US server but have run into a dead end trying to find the death dates for 2 translators, a librettist, and an arranger. It is probably unlikely they outlived Marx (d. 1964) but you never know. The authority records and the regular sources I check produced nothing. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Here they are.

1. Addie Funk. Translator of Barcarole for High Voice and Orchestra (1910). Also translated the text in Mahler's 4th symphony.
2. G.W. Pursey. Translator of Du bist der Garten (1916). Also provided translations of works by Mahler, Dvořák, Kodály, etc.
3. R. Graf. Provided the text for Marx's Der Gefangene (1917) and Ein goldenes Kettlein (1917) and several others.
4. Gustav Binder. Arranged the vocal score for Marx's Herbstchor an Pan (1911).

Many thanks!
Cypressdome
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Seeking death dates

Post by Carolus »

Death dates are most important for determination of term in Canada and the EU, which both operate under a "p.m.a." schema. Apart from works first published 1978 and later and unpublished works, the death date is not a determining factor for USA status.
cypressdome
active poster

Post by cypressdome »

True, but I was thinking ahead to Jan. 1, 2015 when Marx's PD-US scores would be transferred from the US to the Canadian server. If any of those people had outlived Marx the scores would have to be transferred back. If no information turns up on these people by this evening I'm uploading the scores anyway.

Thanks,
Cypressdome
WilliamBunting
forum adept

Post by WilliamBunting »

Does anyone know the dates of R. Heldburg, editor of the "Kleine Violinist" Series (Furstner, Berlin c 1900)?
Regards WB
WilliamBunting
forum adept

Post by WilliamBunting »

Would also appreciate a death date for Adolf Huber, born 1872.
Regards WB
KGill
Copyright Reviewer

Post by KGill »

WilliamBunting wrote:Would also appreciate a death date for Adolf Huber, born 1872.
Looks like 1946: http://viaf.org/viaf/39300932/#Huber,_Adolf,_b._1872