Kopprasch Horn Etude Editions

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Kopprasch Horn Etude Editions

Post by horndude77 »

There's some demand out there for better Kopprasch editions on IMSLP. Here are what I have:

* G. Kopprasch 50 Etudes for French Horn revised by Oscar Franz, Republished by Southern Music Company
- Who was the original publisher? http://www.public.asu.edu/~jqerics/later_ko.htm places the date of original publication somewhere between 1886 and 1891. Is this good to upload?

* Koprasch 60 Selected Studies, Republished by Kalmus K04527.
- Who was the original publisher? Is this good to upload?

* Koprasch 60 Studies for Horn, New York: International Music Company, 1960. Plate 1732.
- I'm pretty sure this one is still under copyright.

Thanks.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Kopprasch Horn Etude Editions

Post by Carolus »

The first two you listed should be fine. The Kalmus is likely a reprint of the same thing reprinted by Southern. It's not impossible that the International is a mere reprint in its own right - they actually did more unedited reprints than I realized in previous years.
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Re: Kopprasch Horn Etude Editions

Post by horndude77 »

Carolus wrote:The first two you listed should be fine. The Kalmus is likely a reprint of the same thing reprinted by Southern. It's not impossible that the International is a mere reprint in its own right - they actually did more unedited reprints than I realized in previous years.
No, the Kalmus is very different from the Southern. The International edition is closer (typesetting appears different, but all spacing, breaks, and page turns are the same). I uploaded the Southern and I'll get the Kalmus reprint up in the next few days. Thanks.