Rimsky-Korsakov, Third Symphony (Muzgiz)

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

CPEJCF
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Rimsky-Korsakov, Third Symphony (Muzgiz)

Post by CPEJCF »

Hi, I'm new here. I have a copy of the Symphony No. 3 by Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov (both versions), published by Muzgiz in 1959 (Vol. 18 of Nikolay Rimsky-Korsakov: Complete Collected Works, plate М. 27727 Г.) I believe that it's public domain (in which case I might submit it for upload), but I am not certain and I decided to ask first.

At present, IMSLP has the symphony, but only in the second version, and only in the version published by M. P. Belaieff in 1888.
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Rimsky-Korsakov, Third Symphony (Muzgiz)

Post by Carolus »

Yes, it's free. Reprinted and still sold by Kalmus, for example. Post away.
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

thanks in advance; the first version differs very considerably from the 2nd (just the ends of the first movements are noticeably different enough, one ends in minor and the other in major, as I recall) and it will be good to have both...
CPEJCF

Post by CPEJCF »

Carolus wrote:Yes, it's free. Reprinted and still sold by Kalmus, for example. Post away.
I was under the impression that Kalmus only reprinted the Belaieff version.
Eric wrote:thanks in advance; the first version differs very considerably from the 2nd (just the ends of the first movements are noticeably different enough, one ends in minor and the other in major, as I recall) and it will be good to have both...
Oh, yes; despite the title (and despite the same melodies being present in both pieces), these works are in fact radically different.

{hr}

Thanks to both of you for your help. Hopefully I can get it uploaded soon.