Hindemith Plöner Musiktag Suite (1969) Performance Info?

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Hindemith Plöner Musiktag Suite (1969) Performance Info?

Post by Sallen112 »

As me being the uploader for the Plöner Musiktag pieces that we have so far by hindemith http://imslp.org/wiki/Pl%C3%B6ner_Musik ... ith,_Paul). I came across this particular piece in my local library and I scanned it and would like to know because of this edition being copyrighted in 1969. As the other Plöner Musiktag pieces are copyrighted in 1932, I would like to know if this piece in particular has a performance date before 1963 to indicate then that this piece would be PD already in canada. All I know about this "Suite" is that it took music from each of the four pieces (A-D see link above for details) from Plöner Musiktag and hindemith created a suite out of it. Also this edition is Hindemith's ideas only, there are no contributors that I can see. What is curious is that it was copyrighted after his death in 1963 so I am curious to find first performance information before his death.
steltz
active poster

Re: Hindemith Plöner Musiktag Suite (1969) Performance Info?

Post by steltz »

According to our page, it was performed in 1932, "in Plön, Schüler und Lehrer des Gymnasiums Plön Edgar Rabsch und Paul Hindemith (conductors)". I see that information in some CD booklets as well.
bsteltz
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

Right but I believe that information only applies to the original Ploner Musiktag pieces, not the Suite. I could not find any info on the Hindemith Foundation either about this specific piece. Should I maybe upload it to see if Carolus could find out the performance info?
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

It would not matter if the suite was comprised of selections from the larger work. The first performance was 1932 as far as Canada's rule is concerned.