Mary Howe

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

David Campbell
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Mary Howe

Post by David Campbell »

I’ve got a copy of Mary Howe’s (1882-1964) Elegy for organ that I’d like to scan and upload. It was published as part of H.W. Gray’s Contemporary Organ Series in 1948 and contains a one-page biography. The COS lists William Strickland (d.1991) as General Editor. Can this piece be uploaded, either complete or sans biography? Thanks.
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: Mary Howe

Post by Carolus »

You'll have to remove the bio. I doubt Strickland's general editorship would have resulted in any significant original additions to Howe's work. Probably will be free in 50-pma countries only, but Gray was not always on top of renewals. Ineligible for NIE restoration as the 'country of origin' is the USA.
David Campbell
active poster

Re: Mary Howe

Post by David Campbell »

Carolus wrote:You'll have to remove the bio. I doubt Strickland's general editorship would have resulted in any significant original additions to Howe's work. Probably will be free in 50-pma countries only, but Gray was not always on top of renewals. Ineligible for NIE restoration as the 'country of origin' is the USA.
Thanks for your input. I’ve uploaded a copy of the piece without the bio.