C.P.E. Bach- 6 Sonaten nebst ' 6 neuen Sonatinen'

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

C.P.E. Bach- 6 Sonaten nebst ' 6 neuen Sonatinen'

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Edition Breitkopf Nr 5875
Copyright 1957 by Breitkopf & Hartel Musikverlag, Leipzig
Editor- Dr Lothar Hoffman- Erbrecht

Can I submit the book or is it still uner copyright?

Zeyar Shwe
Eric
active poster

Re: C.P.E. Bach- 6 Sonaten nebst ' 6 neuen Sonatinen'

Post by Eric »

Lothar Hoffmann-Erbrecht's dates are 1925-2011. It might depend in part on how _much_ editing he did, for one thing. (Unless we're talking about different people and Hoffman-Erbrecht, one n, is someone else!)

It would also depend on where you are. If the conclusion is that it's only out of copyright in Europe but is in copyright still in Canada and the US, but you live in one of the latter two copyright zones (e.g., e.g.)- then you should not upload it (nor, I believe, is it strictly legal for you to send it to someone in Europe to do the same, afaik, but, might be mistaken...)
Carolus
Site Admin

Re: C.P.E. Bach- 6 Sonaten nebst ' 6 neuen Sonatinen'

Post by Carolus »

As something published by the state owned press of the German Democratic Republic operating under the imprint Breitkopf und Hartel, this item was never subject to copyright in the USA. I believe it has been reprinted by Kalmus (subsequently Masters) for a long time. As for Canada and the EU, much depends on the nature of the editing. If it passes the urtext test, the edition is effectively free worldwide.