Alkan- Sonata for piano op 33

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

Zeyar Shwe
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Alkan- Sonata for piano op 33

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Editor was Gérard Billaudot (1911-1986 ). I think it is not in PD because he died less than 50 years ago.- please advise me if I am wrong and if I can submit it.
Eric
active poster

Re: Alkan- Sonata for piano op 33

Post by Eric »

Editor? I think in this case Éditeur just means publisher, but I could be mistaken (and in that case it depends on whether the Billaudot edition is or isn't a reprint of the edition we already have...)
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

Actually, the edition we have @ http://imslp.org/wiki/Grande_Sonate_%27 ... -Valentin) is the Billaudot; no one has yet uploaded the Brandus first edition (as against the Billaudot maybe-reprint-maybe-not!) for comparison. I wonder if the French National Library has it?
Zeyar Shwe
active poster

Post by Zeyar Shwe »

Thank you. It is the same that is on IMSLP site. I missed it because I looked under S for sonata. But it has not the Preface by Alkan. And I will just submit the missing preface.
Carolus
Site Admin

Post by Carolus »

In nearly all cases with Alkan, Billaudot was merely reprinting the original, sometimes in the corrected reprints issued by Costallat around 1915, others just plain reprints of the originals.