Urtext editions of Albinoni's Op. 8

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

amdevereux
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Urtext editions of Albinoni's Op. 8

Post by amdevereux »

Tomaso Albinoni's Op. 8 (Sei Baletti e Sonate per due Violini, Violoncello e basso continuo) is on the wishlist and the music library at my university has several urtext editions of it. I am in the US and I would like to upload these scores. I am not sure of how the copyright works for them, especially as I am unsure of whether or not the editor made significant changes.

One edition, published as volume 51 of the Recent Researches in the Music of the Baroque Era by A-R Editions, Inc. (Madison, WI: 1986) and edited by C. David Harris, seems to follow 18th century publications closely, with limited editorial additions and a realized continuo part.

The other edition, published by Edition Kunzelmann in 1985 as part of Tomaso Albinoni's complete instrumental works edited by Walter Kolneder, does not seem to strive to be an urtext edition. The parts are more fully bowed with added articulations and include some fingerings as well. There is also realized continuo part.

Would I be able to upload any of these?
Sallen112
active poster
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Re: Urtext editions of Albinoni's Op. 8

Post by Sallen112 »

We can take a look at these, but my opinion is these may not be eligible as what your stating are not true "urtext" editions because of the additions made by editors.