I've been using IMSLP for years without contributing much. However, I recently visited used book stores and bought a number of old sheet music, and I'm looking forward to uploading some of them.
Would you please help me with the copyright reviewing of this one?
- Title: Come, Let Us Adore Him
- Full title: Come, Let Us Adore Him, A Christmas cantata for the Volunteer Choir
- Composer: Various (see below)
- Arranger: Lawrence Keating (year of death unknown)
- Lyricist: Elsie Duncan Yale (1873 - 1956) (source)
- Pubilsher: Theodore Presser Co., Philadelphia
- Year: 1945
- Plate number: C.L.-48
Here is the list of movements:
- "O Come Ye And Worship" (Brahms, Johannes; Symphony no. 1, op. 68; Mvt. 4)
- "O Holy Night" (Wagner, Richard; Tanhäuser; Act 3, Scene 2, O du mein holder Abendstern)
- "Through Ages Darkened" (Tchaikovsky, P. I.; Symphony no. 5, op. 64; Mvt. 2)
- "The Promised Lord" (Beethoven, Ludwig van (?); "Lovsang av Beethoven")
- "O Fear Not!" (Braga, Gaetano; La serenata (Légende valaque))
- "Can This Be Messiah?" (Tchaikovsky, P. I.; String Quartet no. 1, op. 11, Mvt. 2)
- "Thou Art The Saviour" (Schubert, Franz; Das Fräulein vom See, op. 52, 6. Ellens Gesang III, D. 839)
- "We Found Our Lord" (Wagner, Richard; Tanhäuser; Act 3, Scene 1, Pilgrim's Chorus)
- "A Christmas Prayer" (Schumann, Robert; Kinderszenen, op.15; 7. Träumerei)
- "Ye Shall Find The Lord Of All" (Beethoven, Ludwig van; Symphony no.9, op.125; IV. Presto "An die Freude")
- "O Come All Ye Faithful" (Wade, John Francis; Adeste fideles)
As you can see, the arranger took popular Romantic melodies, and had words put on them. The main problem seems to be the absence of year of death for Mr. Keating. I'm also wondering if some people know more about the mysterious "Lovsang av Beethoven". All I found on the web was Youtube videos, concert reports and list of choir repertoire.
Thanks for your help!