Loeschhorn Studies (Augener)

Specific copyright information. If you're not sure if you can upload your score, ask it here first

Moderators: kcleung, Copyright Reviewers

alleagra

Loeschhorn Studies (Augener)

Post by alleagra »

I'd be grateful if someone can advise on the copyright status of this piece which I'd like to scan and submit

Composer is Loeschhorn, & it's 'Progressive Studies Book V Opus 66 Nos 12-22' Augener Edition No. 6535.

I've followed the IMSLP advice but unless I'm missing something I can't decide if this can be legally uploaded.

Thanks.
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

Albert Loeschhorn (1819-1905). Public domain worldwide. Check the editor, if any. Also check the plate number (the small number at the bottom of each page, which is often different than the edition number) against this list: http://imslp.org/wiki/Augener This might give you some approximation of the publication date.

Probably OK to upload, unless it's a modern edition, or the editor died after 1957.
alleagra

Loeschhorn Studies published by Augener

Post by alleagra »

Thank you for that. I'd forgotten about the plate number on each page. This is 6271 which is good I assume. There's no editor quoted at all. I'll leave it awhile and then go ahead I think.