Category composer name mistake

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

JVSignorile
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Category composer name mistake

Post by JVSignorile »

I am a composer and I created a Composer Category for myself, but I mistyped my category name as "Signorile, James/Vincent", when it should have a space between my first and middle name 'Signorile, James Vincent". I filled out the user page "James V. Signorile" with my bio and filled out an "Add Work" form for my first upload "Piano Concerto No.1, Op. 53", although I didn't upload the actual file yet.

Noticing the category name error today, I created a new composer category of "Signorile, James Vincent", and from the menu selected that I was that person, to associate me with it. Then I tried to go to my incorrect composer "Signorile, James/Vincent" and from the menu picked to be disassociated, but I've got and error that I didn't have the rights to do that.

Now I have two composer categories for myself, and I can't disassociate myself from the incorrect one. Do I just start over with the correct category and re-enter my Piano Concerto No. 1 info and upload the score, etc. How do I disassociate my user name from the incorrect category name, so everything I've done links to the correct category name?

Thanks,
James V. Signorile
coulonnus
active poster

Re: Category composer name mistake

Post by coulonnus »

The first step is to request deletion of the page with the wrong name. Edit it and insert {{Delete|your good reason}} at its top.

Then edit your user page and update the line that corresponds to *{{cat|Coulon, Jean-Pierre}} for me.
JVSignorile

Post by JVSignorile »

Thank you! I created a new category, with my correct name, and put the {{Delete|reason}} on the old category page...but it's still there. I associated my correct category with myself, which was successful, and I created a work page and uploaded several scores which are waiting to be approved.

Hopefully the category I marked with Delete will be gone soon. Is there anything else I need to do except wait for approval of my scores, and wait for my incorrect category to disappear?
JVSignorile

Post by JVSignorile »

Good news and so-so news...

My incorrect composer name category (Signorile, James/Vincent) is gone from the category list, and *usually* my correct category (Signorile, James Vincent) comes up, BUT often when I first go to the category list, it has (Stately, James Vincent) - which is NOT my last name - but if I reload or refresh the category list page, THEN it's listed correctly as (Signorile, James Vincent).

When it lists (Stately, James Vincent) as my name, if I click on it, it does go to (Signorile, James Vincent), so I have no idea where the name STATELY came from.I have cleared my browser cache and restarted, but it usually says STATELY rather than SIGNORILE, until I reload the page.