Gungl's Vanishing Works

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

uggsters
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Gungl's Vanishing Works

Post by uggsters »

I found particular discomfort on Joseph Gungl's IMSLP page (many listings had no opus number and were documented as the Americanisation of their original titles) so I decided to clean things up a little. Having finally found the original title, Kriegers Lust, Op.26, of a piece commonly referred to as "Warrior's Joy" or "Fest-Marsch", I decided to change the title of what was listed as "Fest-Marsch" to the original title. However, when I tried to do so, an error occurred and I got the result "Bad Page Name", or something of that nature. When I returned to Gungl's page, neither Fest-Marsch or Kriegers Lust, Op.26 were present; my attempt at changing the name had completely erased the work from the page. This has not happened in my previous name-changes and I was unable to resolve my problem.
Could this be resolved by a moderator who can find the work that has evidently been lost in the annals of IMSLP and could I also be informed in what happened and how to prevent it from happening again?
Davydov
Copyright Reviewer

Re: Gungl's Vanishing Works

Post by Davydov »

I've been able to rescue the original file and move it to https://imslp.org/wiki/Kriegers_Lust%2C ... 2C_Joseph).

The issue was that you deleted Gungl's name from the title, which removed that page from his category. Very easy to get wrong, but not so easy to fix :)
uggsters

Re: Gungl's Vanishing Works

Post by uggsters »

Thank you kindly!