La, les, le, el, gli, die, des, der, etc.

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

La, les, le, el, gli, die, des, der, etc.

Post by Carolus »

All are the equivalent of "the" and are normally ignored in alphabetization. It appears that some have been fixed but others are still being alphabetized. I've no idea of how difficult it would be to set things up so that the wiki automatically did this when new titles are added, so it's just one of those 'it would be nice' things that's not critical.
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

Actually, adding them is very trivial, and just involves adding the words to a list in the code, since the mechanism for moving the word to the end of the title in the sortkey is already present.

Also, I've added all the words that you listed in the thread title to the list, so they should get sorted fine now :)
horndude77
active poster
notabot: YES
notabot2: Bot

Post by horndude77 »

What's the current list? In Italian there are also 'il', 'i' and 'lo' (in addition to the 'gli', 'la', and 'le' already listed). Does this also handle the l' form at the beginning of some foreign words? Thanks!
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

This is the code for the section (including the defined words of course). Note that it is case insensitive.

Code: Select all

$this->prefixes = array( "the ", "la ", "les ", "le ", "el ", "gli ", "die ", "des ", "der ",
			"a ", "two ", "three ", "four ", "five ", "six ", "seven ", "eight ", "nine ", "ten ",
			"eleven ", "twelve ", "thirteen ", "fourteen ", "fifteen ", "sixteen ", "seventeen ", "eighteen ", "nineteen ", "twenty " );
I'll add your suggestions to it now :)
imslp
Site Admin

Post by imslp »

And added :)