Downloads not working

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

Sanford
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Downloads not working

Post by Sanford »

I've been trying to download scores to both my Android phone and my Samsung android tablet and downloads aren't happening on either device. I can still download to my Windows laptop and then transfer the files but it's cumbersome. This only began happening today. I download Beethoven's 6th Symphony without any problems but nothing after that will download.
Sallen112
active poster

Re: Downloads not working

Post by Sallen112 »

Is there a message saying about buying a subscription for continuing to download more files? Do you have a subscription at all?
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

No message about needing a subscription. But no, I don't have a subscription at this time.
Sallen112
active poster

Post by Sallen112 »

I got a message from another user about a similar problem of suddenly not being able to download more files. I'll have to forward this to our site leader.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Thanks. i'm both sorry and happy it's not just me
Eric
active poster

Post by Eric »

I found a workaround for downloading workfiles that may or may not, erm, work.

If the workfile (Complete Score, or movements 1-2, or piano part, or whatever) has #xxxxxx (6 or fewer numbers in a clickable link) under it, open the target of that link in a separate tab. You should be on a page whose name looks like "File:PMLP..." and probably has a big single title or cover page image on it. To the bottom left of that it should say "Full resolution". Select-click that and "save link as".
Select somewhere for the file to go.
On the bottom of your screen (on Macs- something similar on PCs?) it may say "IMSLP....pdf can't be downloaded securely. Discard" There may be a littleup-arrow to the right of "discard". Click on it : "Keep / Learn more". Click keep and save the file.

Done.

It's a pain in multiple places, I'm not suggesting for a moment that having to do this is an acceptable solution, but until and unless someone gets on their expletive-deleteds and fixes this, that's the only solution I know.