CD Sheet Music Logos

General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

daphnis
Copyright Reviewer
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by daphnis »

Are these problematic PDFs password OPEN protected or password ACCESS restricted? In other words, if the PDF requires a password just to open and view the file (not likely with CDSM files) then PDFSAM will not work.
Operalala
active poster

Post by Operalala »

I can open the file ok, so it appears to be an access password, and it appears to be telling pdfsam not to process it.
Is this a matter of me using the freeware and not the full version?
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

No. Upload the file to the FTP server (ask Feldmahler) and someone will process it for logo removal.
Lyle Neff
active poster

Post by Lyle Neff »

Have you tried to combine the file in PDFsam with another one, for instance a short, single-page file, and then save the combined file under a new name? That's what I have to do in order to "unlock" a file for page extraction.
"A libretto, a libretto, my kingdom for a libretto!" -- Cesar Cui (letter to Stasov, Feb. 20, 1877)
Operalala
active poster

Post by Operalala »

Yes, but it wouldn't complete.

Actually since this isn't a watermark, is Adobe even going recognize the logo as a separate image the way it does with the Google logo? Or will I have to manually erase the logo from each page in an Imaging program?
Operalala
active poster

Post by Operalala »

I emailed Feldmahler about the FTP server, but haven't heard back - I take it he's on vacation or something?
I'm guessing that older versions of pdfsam aren't programmed to block passwork-protected files, so would it be possible for someone who has a version that works to zip the pdfsam-containing folder and upload it to rapidshare? (It's just 5.5 MB for the freeware version)
Operalala
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

Why not upload the PDF(s) in question and I'll take a look.
Operalala
active poster

Post by Operalala »

Here are the higher priority ones:

http://rapidshare.com/files/198087302/c ... s.zip.html

I have 300 MB of these scores.
daphnis
Copyright Reviewer

Post by daphnis »

I didn't really need 100MB worth but whatever...

I'm not sure what problems you're having, but I had no problem merging, for example, the two parts to the St. John vocal score into one, unprotected PDF ready for processing. I'm using PDF split and merge 0.7 stable release 1. If it's failing for you then it must be something with your install or system config. Maybe a corrupt java. I would ask at their forums for specifics.
Operalala
active poster

Post by Operalala »

I have version 1.0.3, the current version out now, that is the problem I am having. They have changed the code so that it won't open password-protected files, and they have no archive of older versions. So now knowing that version 0.7 works, I Googled it, and manage to find exactly what I needed - a zipped copy of version 0.7, which will bypass passwords, so now I can get to work on my files.
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

Those pdf are blocked.To break password of pdf files,if you are on unix sistem you have to reprint that file by your virtual pdf printer. I usually open and print by evince. You can use xpp printer too. ....that is all pdf printers or readers that support a virtual pdf printer (cups).(If you try to print by adobe it does not work ,you need password)

Ciao