General help on the Wiki

Moderators: kcleung, Wiki Admins

DALTORPS
forum adept

Questions

Post by DALTORPS »

Hi.

Some more questions:

1. Just a moment ago I could go in to my own files with Mozart K.10 but now I can´t. Why :?:

2. I saw a mistake in one of the Pdf.-files itself (the work "Querflöte" is missing in the complete score for movement I). If is´t possible how can I correct it in easiest way :?:

3. Can anyone see what "File entry #3 render error: filename not in index" means in this case? Is the violocello ad lib. part for movement I realy missing :?: :oops:
carmar1791
active poster

Post by carmar1791 »

To change or correct a file you have to replace it, see here how to do it :
http://imslp.org/wiki/Help:Contents#Upl ... sting_file

but.......

may be you'll not be able replace it because sistem not always work.

I posted a request of help or news here :

viewtopic.php?t=1095

but I think all admin are on summer hollidays.....

so also for your error message you have to wait....

Greetings

Carmar
Carolus
Site Admin
notabot: 42
notabot2: Human

Post by Carolus »

OK, I went in to see what the problem was. A couple of suggestions:

1. Don't use separate files for each movement of each part. 1 file each for the score and two parts (total of 3) is best for typesets, as the file size is quite small. You originally had 9 files for this little piece, which is really inconvenient for anyone wishing to view it.

2. Don't use such long file names, and don't use the underscore between words. I'm not sure exactly why your previous ones failed to load, but the long sentence-style file names might have been a factor.

I re-did your files - merging the 3 files per part into one - and gave them very short names. They work fine now.

BTW, you are the publisher for your own typesets. Breitkopf and Baerenreiter are sources, but posting at IMSLP meets the legal definition of "publication" in most countries.
DALTORPS
forum adept

Thank you

Post by DALTORPS »

Thank you Carolus for help and tips.

But there is still a problem: The words "Querflöte" and "Violoncello ad lib." in the complete score iis missing: How do I in the esiest way corrects these errors :?:

Brian Cohn :D